Affordable Pest Removal
Affordable Pest Removal – Best Hiring & Removal Tips For Toronto Pest Control
Hiring the services of a high-quality, affordable professional when it comes to pest control & wildlife removal is always a good idea. After all, how are you supposed to know which pest removal or wildlife control methods will definitely provide the results you wanted without paying the highest industry prices?
The best wildlife & pest removal companies not only have the tools for the job but also the necessary knowledge to fulfill their end of the bargain without charging a fortune.
Quick tips if you plan on hiring a pest/wildlife service for raccoon or squirrel removal.
- Don’t Go In Attic. – Sometimes there is only one good chance to easily locate and remove the raccoon or squirrel babies. If you as a homeowner go inside the attic to try and see the babies or locate a nest or take pictures it could result in a delayed process when the wildlife removal company shows up. You may have spotted the raccoon and even the babies while up there but you can be sure they won’t be in the same spot when the animal removal technician goes inside to look. The mother will have moved them deeper into the attic in a hard-to-access area for the baby’s protection. This will result in delays in the removal process or require holes to be cut in walls to retrieve the babies. Potential adding to the bill.
- Don’t Hire A Roofer For Wildlife/Pest Control – No one likes paying for things twice but this is what will happen if you call a roofer first.
- Don’t Replace Roof Vents From Plastic To Metal – Common mistake is the hire a roofer the replace plastic roof vents with metal roof vents. Metal/aluminum vents are not actually raccoon or squirrel proof. This mistake results in more costs for the homeowner.
Prior to hiring a pest removal company; however, do your research. This way, the pest control company can provide you with a service customized to your needs. Here are some of the things you definitely need to know before calling a pest removal company:
Pictures Will Help
Having pictures of the kind of critters living in your home will greatly help the company determine what kind of system to use for your needs. The fact is that bees are different from wasps which means that the pest control technician may decide to use a different approach for the problem. Although you may not always be able to tell the difference, animal pest control technicians have the background to make a definite identification.
Most pest removal technicians can recognize and tell the difference between a rat entry hole and a squirrel entry hole so a picture for the pest removal technician before they get there might get you a more accurate idea estimate over the phone. A squirrel removal job may cost more upfront if prevention screening is required, whereas, an initial rat treatment may be cheaper to start but require several follow-up visits to rebait & reset traps.
On-Spot Treatment with Preventive Measures
Should you get an on-the-spot treatment alone or should you ask for preventive measures to be put in place?
- On-the-spot treatment – This would likely include the basics only. One animal entry hole for the price quoted when booking.
- Prevention Measures – After a full property inspection, the pest removal technician will provide an estimate for prevention. This optional work can sometimes double or triple the bill but is more of a long-term fix. Bigger pest removal jobs may need to be scheduled for another day when the technician can have the time to do the best high-quality work.
It’s quite common for pests and wildlife to come back and attempt re-entry, no matter how clean you keep your property. Rats, squirrels, raccoons and skunks are some examples of pests that may be prevented by installing heavy gauge wire mesh and reinforcing weak spots on the structure of the home.
Ask the pest removal company about their coverage when it comes to pest preventive services. Note that some wildlife and pest control companies provide contractual measures which can be quarterly, monthly or yearly – depending on how often the problem occurs.
Depending on the type of pest, the termination process might come with a few risks. This is why homeowners are often advised to stay out of the house for at least 12 hours when a gaseous substance is used to poison the pests. All plants and pests are taken out of the house during this time. If you live in an apartment, it’s best to inform your landlord about your decision in pest control as you may be sharing vents with other homeowners.
Of course, don’t forget to inquire about the qualifications of the technician and the company in general. Every area has rules that govern pest control services so make sure to find out which ones apply to you.
Seek references for the company before making your choice. Look for online pest & wildlife control reviews, making sure that you’re getting them from different websites to filter out biased opinions. This should give you a good idea of the professionalism of the company and whether they can deliver on their promise.
Finally, make sure you’re hiring a company capable of offering a guarantee or your money back. Read the fine print, this should be available in the paperwork and if not – ask your technician about it. Know what your responsibilities are as the owner and find out what services are included in the course of the contract. Remember, if you’re not sure about something, ask your pest control company.